Fall is a special time of year to live life outside and TruGreen® celebrated by helping American families spend even more time outside with a football giveaway. Every American knows that fall = football, so wanted to help folks channel their inner QB and enjoy their backyards with a few friendly games.
We closed out our giveaway, sending 25 footballs to families across the country. Two lucky winners were selected the week before Thanksgiving for football prize packs – a football, a flag set and a trophy.
We love giveaways! Follow us on Twitter @TruGreen and on Facebook to take part in future programs.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY DATES: The TruGreen® #LiveLifeOutside Football Giveaways (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins on Thursday, October 27, 2015 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and ends on Thursday, November 24, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. There will be four (4) drawing periods to award five (4) prizes in each drawing plus a Grand Prize drawing (drawing #4) to award two (2) prizes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of TruGreen Limited Partnership, 1790 Kirby Pkwy Forum III, Suite 300, Memphis, TN 38138 ("TruGreen" or “Sponsor”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia at the time of entry and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their Advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor's database clock will be the timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER:
You may enter this Sweepstakes via Twitter.
1. You must submit a tweet sharing a favorite fall outdoor memory (“Entry”).
2. Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions on Twitter without the hashtag #LiveLifeOutside and @TruGreen, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED as Sweepstakes entries and shall not be eligible for any prize.
4. All submitted will be reviewed by the Sponsor for adherence to these Official Rules.
5. Limit: One (1) entry per person per day.
Follow these easy steps to enter:
- Twitter: Tweet an eligible entry and tag it with #LiveLifeOutside and @TruGreen. Your entry will be reviewed for compliance and if approved you will be included in the Sweepstakes drawing. Twitter's terms (https://twitter.com/tos) apply.
Limit: You may enter once per day. Once a valid entry is made it WILL be carried forward to any other remaining drawings (if any remain) including the Grand Prize (drawing #6) drawing.
Entry submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any
a) sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c) is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other video submission;
d) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
e) contains any personal identification, such as personal names, photos or e-mail addresses;
f) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
g) infringes the rights of any third party; and/or
h) violates any law.
By entering, entrant affirms that he/she has unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title, interest and claim, which it now has or may in the future have to his/her entry and any element(s) embodied therein. Sponsor and its designees shall have the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, reproduce, exploit, modify or dispose of any entry and all elements of such entry, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known throughout the world.
Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for the Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entry materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the Prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- RANDOM DRAWING: Random drawings will be conducted based on the below schedule from all eligible entries received during the relevant Sweepstakes Period by the Sponsor.
Potential winners will be notified via Twitter direct message within Seven (7) days of the applicable drawing date (“Prize Notification”) and will be required to respond and provide their email, full name, mailing address, date of birth and phone number (including area code) within forty-eight (48) hours of direct message or other form of communication. Prize Notification by Twitter direct message shall be deemed to have occurred on the date Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee first attempts to make contact with a potential winner. If a prospective potential winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, non-response by potential winner or Sponsor’s failure to receive a response from a potential winner within the prescribed time period will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner.
- GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, TWITTER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Only the Prizes listed below will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received prior to each drawing.
WEEKLY PRIZE (Drawing #1 - #4):
Each weekly winner (five (5) each week for a total of twenty (20) winners) will receive a Football. Approximate retail value $30 each.
TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES (Drawing #5):
Each Grand Prize winner will receive the following prize pack:
- One (1) Football
- One (1) Flag Football Set
Total approximate retail value of each prize pack $70.
LIMIT: One prize per household.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes. All other incidental expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. All taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary, due to circumstances not under its control. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery of any prize.
DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any Prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of Tennessee, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of state of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than state of Tennessee.
- Winners List: For the name of the prize winners (available after December 15, 2016), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "TruGreen #LiveLifeOutside Fall Football Giveaways" Winners, c/o Amy Simpson, 1790 Kirby Pkwy, Forum III, Suite 300. Requests must be received within ninety days of the announcement date of the winners.
© TruGreen Limited Partnership All rights reserved.
The use of any prize manufacturer, name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such Prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship, and are the properties of their respective owners.