February 9, 2017
Candy and cards certainly aren’t a bad choice this Valentine’s Day, but if you’re gifting for a gardener, consider giving them what they really want: cute plants.
- Brown paper bags
- Spray paint
- White paint pen
- Find a well-ventilated area and place newspaper or plastic down to cover the area you’ll be spray painting. (Otherwise, you’ll end up with a multi-colored carport like me!)
- Spray paint the bags in whatever way your heart desires. We did some solid colors, while also experimenting with a gradient look. You can also use some of the extra bags to make stencils, which is how we created a heart on one of the designs.
- Let the bags stand up and wait for the paint to dry. Once dry, flatten them and find a hard surface on which to write your punny messages of love. Make sure to follow the directions on the paint pen before you begin writing your message.
- Once the message is dry, roll down or trim the tops of the bags to fit the height of your plant. Place the plant inside and ta-dah! Your gift is complete.
Some punny words of love
The options can go on forever, but here are some cute messages we liked:
- ALOE you VERA much
- You’re plantastic
- Life would succ without you
- Let’s grow old together
- Let love grow
- You’re unbeLEAFable
- Our love runs deep like these roots
If you make this, we want to see it! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #TruGreenValentine to share your final product.
DIY, Valentine's Day, DIY crafts, gifts for gardeners